About Me

My photo
A 2006 Grad trying to navigate life with a B.A. in Secondary Edcation - Social Studies. Christen is currently a Substitute Teacher for a local school district, while dreaming of something a little more like working in Politics and/or Washington DC.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

The more nicknames you have, the more "street cred" you have...

My nicknames that my students have given me in the last two years and yes, I do response when they call me these:

1). "Ms. G!" - You have to say it in a "Middle-School-White Boy" sort of way, that it is really wrong for a scrawny white kid trying to be all hip and gangster-like.

2). "C-Momma!" - This came from a class last year that I was with for a week and a half and let call me by my first name because they were Juniors in High School. It is endearing. When I sub there, you will hear this name be yelled down the hall, if students see me.

3). "G-Money!" - Freshman this year gave me this one. I think it sounds like a really bad stripper name. But you know Freshmen, once they set their mind to something, it sticks - no matter what.

4). "Velma" - Yes, the chick from Scooby Doo. I have an Aunt (for real) that looks like her, so I was not to surprised then a Middle School student call me this. It did not help that I was wearing a orange sweater that day, and my hair was going a little 1970s crazy...

Weird last name attempts that students have called me: Gandolf, Ghandi and Grendel...

No comments:

Post a Comment